Hab-it Exercises Forums Ask Tasha! Workout Advice

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tasha 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Lauren

Hi Tasha,

I was recently diagnosed with Cystocele and have been working through the Hab-It sessions for about 2 weeks now. I am a very active person, exercising 4-5 times a week, and I was reading your messages about avoiding jumping, running, etc at this stage. The workouts I usually do are more interval or Tabata based, Pilates, yoga and barre. I see you have cautioned about certain Pilates moves, but I was wondering if Barre should be avoided all together? With the Tabata workouts, should this also be avoided as there are so many squats, lunges etc? I hate the idea of giving up my active lifestyle, but I am worried as the symptoms of prolapse have worsened over the past few months.

Thank you
    Lauren

#62328 Reply

Tasha
    Keymaster

Lauren,
    I love barre – no need to give that up, but I will have you modify the posture just slightly. When they teach the tuck the tail bone under ballet posture, keep yours just slightly lifted. This keeps your pelvic floor drawn with just a little tension. Your TA holds tight throughout barre exercises as you work glute extension and abduction exercises that wants to extend your spine. It is actually like standing plank work – fantastiv for your pelvic stability!

I won’t tell you to give up your terabit – I am a subsciber to tabata workouts as well, but if you can’t do them without increased symptoms, then you need to look carefully at your breathing and make sure you are breathing out with exertion – no short breath holds.

Read through my Educate Yourself section on the Pelvic Basket Muscles section, specifically the TA vs RA entries. This is more than likely your missing link and you may have to back off the intensity of your workouts until you are able to exercise symptom free, then gradually ramp the intensity level back up.

Pelvic basket stability is all about being able to engage those little muscles underneath before the big muscles over the top. If this firing pattern is off – you will remain symptomatic.

tasha

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Workout Advice
Your information: