Hab-it Exercises Forums Ask Tasha! Where to start

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Katie

Hi, I have recently come across your website and started reading through, it stood out having recently ready 8 steps to a pain free back- where posture is mentioned as important to pelvic floor strength which I wanted to find out more about as struggled to implement it from the book. I have five children, all given birth to “naturally” so feel sure I have a weak pelvic floor, though never been diagnosed. I have a lot of allergies so regular sneezing fits can lead to a little leakage. I do however run with no problems (though since reading this am wondering if I should be running?) I have done a lot of postnatal exercise classes and DVDs, I have recently been using Lindsey brins- postnatal DVDs – do you think these are ok to use- I have nearly come to the end of the progression with these and was going to move on to her next level ones called pretty fierce (I think) but wondering if instead I should do yours? And if so do I do the hab it one or the advance one?
    Thanks for your help

Tasha
    Keymaster

Katie,
    I have not reviewed the program you are currently doing. The Hab It dvd would be the starting point if you are continuing to leak with sneezing. These very targeted exercises ensure that you are recruiting each muscle of your pelvic basket efficiently and effectively. You may not have all of the muscles of your “pelvic basket” turned on. If just one of these muscles is not firing consistently, you will continue to have symptoms and moving on to the more advanced programs without first jump starting this dormant muscle will leave you with symptoms.

Once you ensure that you can call upon and recruit all the muscles that attach to your sit bones (your deep hip rotators), your pubic bone (your adductors) and those that enclose the bottom, front, and back of your pelvic basket (your pelvic floor, your TA, and your multifidi) then you can move on to the 7 Day Advanced and then the Hab It Interval program(s) with confidence that your base strength and firing pattern is set and these advanced exercises with further your stabilization and allow you to perform all ADL’s and higher level recreational activity symptom free.

Glad you found us!
    Tasha

Katie

Thank you for your reply, I will start with the hab it, one more question, I have in the mean time had a laparoscopic sterilisation 3 days ago, once I am not sore any more I am assuming it will be ok to do the hab it dvd? Or should I give it a bit longer? Also is the dvd exactly the same as the download? I am in the UK so the download would probably be easier.

Thank you for taking you time to reply

Tasha
    Keymaster

Katie,
    The download version is the same as the dvd.

As far as beginning the Hab it program, be sure to follow your doctors recommendation. It is your surgeon that is well aware of the procedure used and any precautions they recommend following your surgery. Once cleared, the Hab It exercises will be perfect targeted muscle recruitment to jump start your recovery.

tasha

Katie

Thank you, will be starting it today

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask Tasha!’ is closed to new topics and replies.