Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Shan

Hi Tasha,
    I have a few questions, firstly:
    Will losing weight (I have a bit to lose) help my prolapse (bladder)?
    When I do housework (vacuum, mop, etc) I can feel my prolapse symptoms more, anything I can do to help this?
    Should I avoid doing things that make it uncomfortable or in time, with your DVD it will get better?
    Should I worry about the “look” of my prolapse? At the moment I can see it, should I focus on it “looking” better or just go by how I feel?
    I purchased your DVD about 12 months ago and my symptoms were a lot better but I’ve had a hard year being busy and with pnd and am trying now to regularly start doing your DVD again.
    Thanks so much, Shan!

Tasha
    Keymaster

Shan,
    Weight loss will definitely help. Even moments of overeating have an impact on prolapse symptoms. So feel confidence that weight loss will be a positive part of your recovery.
    House work can tend to make our prolapse symptoms worse because there is so much forward bending when dusting, vacuuming, picking up the house. Work to think of your posture while doing these things. Squat down instead of bending at the waist. Breathe out with exertion instead of performing short breath holds. Breathing out will help to engage your TA as well which will add support to your pelvic basket.

Pay attention to the things that make your prolapse worse because there is usually a reason. Is that a short breath hold. Is there positioning that curls your ribs closer to your pelvis and closes down your intra abdominal space? Take a look at these activities and make these adjustments if needed. However, I often coach women as they return to a higher level of activity, that you may initially experience increased symptoms. If you are confident that you are in good position and not holding your breath at all, then give your body a good two weeks to adapt to this higher level of activity or stress.

I wouldn’t focus on the look of your prolapse. Rather go by feel and change will occur with consistency of posture and exercise over a couple of months.

tasha

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask Tasha!’ is closed to new topics and replies.