Hab-it Exercises Forums Ask Tasha! uretherocele and constipation

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Emer

Hi Tasha I am emailing you after many months of reading your great information on your website. Also others and many many u tube videos including Fem fusion etc etc Prolapse health forum and attendance with a wonderful pelvic health physio. but four months in I am really not any better – if anything my symptoms seem to be causing me a lot of problems that people with far more severe prolapse dont seem to have. I am 57 and post menopausal – have never had children – was a runner but not an extreme runner by any means but have learned that my running style was not ideal. However ran about twice a week – most I ever did was half marathon. Most of time between 5 and 8 kms for most of the training. My husband and I ran together in a club and it was my joy and my social outlet. I have had to give it up but even more frustratingly I dont seem to be able to walk very much or I get discomfort and sensation of bulging and some of the time it looks like uretherocele is more visible or has dropped. My physio assures me it hasnt but its basically that my pelvic floor is incredibly tight (hypertonic!) and this pushes things down even if according to my gynaecologist I have no more than a pout! I am not a candidate for surgery and obviously I am glad about that. Its just so frustrating that something that is apparently considered so mild is affecting so much of my life. Sex is not possible either. I am doing a lot of pelvic relaxation and breath work and my phsyio suggested I buy a vibrator. I have also been advised on multiple occasions to change my diet – ditch the wheat and sugar. I now in the last few days have noticed constipation and more discomfort around rectal area. Thankfully my physio did rectal and internal exam and its not a bowel prolapse but just the effect of the uretherocele and the impact now on my bowel etc etc. I guess I am wondering are there any exercises in your d v d that would be worth doing if I was to purchase. I am also on oestrogen twice a week. I guess I have had severe pelvic pain pubic bone pain and the thoughts of constipation and bubbles and bulgy sensation on top of what I have would be a step too far to have to handle! My physio said I should be able to walk and try swimming and I used to hike a lot so am thinking of just biting the bullet and going on one with my family next week. But that could be just frustration talking instead of common sense even though part of me just wants to let go the incredible anxiety and stress around it and just go for it with some good compression pants. I am a psychotherapist and know so well about the effect of my anxiety on my ability to relax but I have done a lot of good work. Just at this stage I would love to see some physical rewards! Patience is not one of my virtues! I also am encouraged to to internal release most nights which can feel a bit weird but sometimes it does feel like there is space but a lot of the time its like my hand is caught in a clam! Sorry for long winded rant would so appreciate any thoughts thank you so much

Tasha
    Keymaster

Emer,
    Am I gathering that you have read through my Education section but not tried my dvd or my advanced programs? I don’t know how to answer your question if you haven’t given my program a try?

The fact that you are having symptoms means that you are missing a piece of the rehab puzzle. Is it one of your pelvic basket muscles that is not firing? Is it your posture? Is it your breathing? Is it due to a part of an exercise program you are currently doing or performing wrong?

All questions that need to be answered but awfully hard for me to answer if you haven’t slowly and deliberately gone through my Hab It program and ensured that each piece of the rehab puzzle and pelvic basket is being addressed.

tasha

Emer

Hi Tasha

Thanks for your response and apologies if I am confusing you. I did purchase your hab it programme. I havent done any of it yet at all so I am not disputing its effectiveness at all. The question I was asking was just in relation to exercises that relax the pelvic floor. I have been told I am hypertonic – that I am chronically constipated at this stage and that those two things are pushing the uretherocele more to the fore which is causing me more pain and discomfort and fear of exercising that might make it worse. So I have been doing pelvic release exercises and breathing work but nothing too demanding. I guess I am afraid that all the exercises cause contracting and tightening as opposed to relaxing but forgive me if I am missing something! Further update is that I have had an ultrasound yesterday and all perfect with womb and ovaries. Next week I meet with urologist who will give me more clarity on the bladder and what is actually going on. I am working on the constipation and have actually done two hikes in last week. But have had a lot of discomfort but physio did say exercise not making it any worse but the sensations and symptoms might appear worse! She also said that constipation would be causing more downward pressure and increase in symptoms Sorry again for confusion was just asking really if safe to do your exercises as my issue is a bit complicated or seems to be. Mild but affecting me more than it should perhaps?

Thanks again for reading

Emer

Hi at the risk of being a pain literally in the backside I am just pulling out all the stops and trying to manage my incredible anxiety at my most recent diagnosis. I have today been to see a urologist who after initially a terrible bedside manner listened to all my symptoms and examined me and now after thinking I had a uretherocele which was what was diagnosed I am told he wants me to have an MRI along with numerous other bladder tests but basically he is almost certain I have a thing called uretheral diverticulum! Not a prolapse as ultrasound shows womb and ovaries perfectly normal. Am in shock as he said it was tricky but surgery down the line could be an option. Also said it might stay the same or get worse but wont go away. Said I could run and have sex as it is not really about downward pressure that is causing the problem. Said I would have to be careful of the pain if it was rubbing etc etc. So one part of me is delighted to hear that if I can get a handle on the pain and appearance that I might be able to renew the things that give me joy. But Tasha so sorry for the ramble again I am wondering if all the prolapse exercises breathing and posture would still be helpful to me? I have downloaded them anyway. I knew that the daily deterioration and increasing visibility of the whatever it is was not good but I know I need to manage the anxiety and just wonder if anyone can help me with this or has anyone heard of it. Thanks so much for reading and I hope I have not caused any offence as I know its not strictly the prolapse type of question but its very related to my pelvic floor. I am assuming when I feel confident in spite of appearance that exercise will at least help me manage my anxiety a bit better. Even though the tendency to keep looking and feeling it is like an obsession. Thanks again Emer

Tasha
    Keymaster

Emer,
    Yes, the exercises are great for you and will give you peace of mind that you are taking action with exercises/posture/breathing that are good for you no matter what your diagnosis. If I could teach these exercises to every female starting in middle school I would, but unfortunately most have to be symptomatic to pay attention to the deepest core stabilizers of our body.

You are in the right place and doing the right thing for your body. There is no down side to learning about your body, exercising your body, and holding your body in optimal position to operate pain free.

Keep us updated!

Tasha

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask Tasha!’ is closed to new topics and replies.