Hab-it Exercises Forums Ask Tasha! Stage II Rectocele

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Lauren

Hi there. Was devastated to be diagnosed with stage II rectocele after the induced but otherwise uncomplicated birth of my first baby. I’m only 31 and I definitely want another baby in a few years! I’m also an athlete- I’m a hiker and super into triathlon and am dying to get back to training. I am going to see a Pelvic Floor Physical Therapist but until I can get in to see them I’ve done some research and I’m very disheartened to see a lot about not running. Is it possible to rehab to a point where my pelvic floor can support my activity without worsening the prolapse? Is cycling a good exercise? On a road bike of course. Also can doing these exercises potentially help me support a subsequent pregnancy and delivery? Anyone have advice or experience with these things?

Tasha
    Keymaster

Lauren,
    Yes, yes, and yes. You are in the right place. Lots of athletes have rehabbed here and you will be the next. Begin by reading through my Education Section. You will find a tone of information in there to help guide your journey back to being symptom free.

Starting with the Hab It dvd is important. These exercises are designed to ensure you are recruiting each muscle of your pelvic basket efficiently and effectively and then co-contracting the right muscles together without activating the bigger muscles over the top. Don’t rush these exercises – feel each contraction and connect to those deeper core muscles that can get over looked way too easy!

Tasha

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask Tasha!’ is closed to new topics and replies.