Hab-it Exercises Forums Ask Tasha! sitting on floor, rectocele

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    lmarie

Hi, I have a rectocele and bladder issues (those are mostly healed!) and would like to know how to sit on the floor with my toddler in proper posture..some material i read when i was pregnant said to “tailor sit” or sit almost cross-legged but don’t cross your legs. this makes my tailbone muscles and rectocele feel better but is it bad for me in the long run? my rectocele keeps coming back and I can’t figure out how to manage it..i’m on your advanced workouts now, and they are the only thing aside from #2 that helps relieve discomfort when it comes—thankfully it isn’t constant

also, if i want to ride a horse without hurting myself, would getting a pessary be an option?

thanks for helping as i try to understand my body!

Tasha
    Keymaster

Marie,
    A pessary is an option for horseback riding. If this is the route you go, be sure you are comfortable putting it in and taking it out, because I would only want it in for the riding. Also, use your adductors to reduce the up and down impact in the saddle.

As for sitting on the floor. All your suggestions are great. If you have the hamstring flexibility to sit like this and keep pressure off your tailbone then go for it. Because my hamstrings are so tight, my choice is to sit “side saddle” with both knees bent and off to the side. This leaves me leaning on one hip and is my only option when sitting on the floor because my hamstrings won’t allow me to find neutral spine in any other position.

tasha

lmarie

Thanks! i think the pessary will be what i resort to because i can’t wait to ride more!!! and each time i try i’m scared of bouncing 🙁

another posture question: what do you think of Brianne Grogan’s femfusion fitness workout position for squatting and kegeling? she has you squat down (tailbone not tucked– with buns near the floor, knees completely bent…is this ok for me? her on-the-back relaxation exercises and slow rolling bridge REALLY help

also, if i had re-injured myself at a time after moving to the 7 day workouts should i go back to the 4 basic habit sets? i’m concerned about low tailbone stuff, with lots of soreness and tugging on and off. didn’t want to overdo it with the 7day.

Tasha
    Keymaster

Marie,
    Read through my “Pelvic Floor Spasms” entry in the Educate Yourself box on this page. I review Brianne’s book. Love it! Nice find 😉

So yes to Brianne’s relaxation techniques and to her squatting position for keeling.

Rather than be scared of the tension around your tailbone with the more advanced program, just begin to work Brianne’s relaxation techniques immediately after your exercise routine. This will help those muscles let go!

tasha

alysa

Can you point me toward or direct me in the way of these relaxation techniques? I’m experiencing the same discomfort and have a toddler and baby.

Tasha
    Keymaster

Alysa,
    Please read through the “Pelvic Floor Muscle Spasms” topic within the Educate Yourself section of this website for thorough information on the relaxation and increased blood flow needed for a healthy pelvic floor. A fellow women’s health PT, Brianne Grogan, has an Ebook that coaches you through a great technique!

tasha

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask Tasha!’ is closed to new topics and replies.