Hab-it Exercises Forums Ask Tasha! sitting in car?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Brenda

Tasha, do you have any advice for sitting in the car properly. I love my “new” posture but sitting in the car is torture. I have cushions all over the place.

Thank you!

Brenda

Tasha
    Keymaster

Brenda, I couldn’t help but laugh with the cushion comment 🙂 Cars are tough because they tend to put our knees higher than or equal to our hip level which is the exact opposite of what we want. My best, most simple advice would be to tilt the seat to lower the front edge (your knees) as low as you can. The only cushion I would add would be a simple seat wedge that is approx 2 in in the back and tapers down to 1/2 in in the front to aide your hip/knee angle.

Tasha

Brenda

Thanks Tasha – is that what you use? I’ve tried that & my head touches the ceiling 🙁 I’m only 5’5″ but it’s a small car. Usually I just slide my buns forward (the same way I sit in bed or on a squishy chair) so that seems to help.

Thank you!

Brenda

Tasha
    Keymaster

Brenda,
    I am lucky in that my car has a seat tilt that lowers my knees below the level of my hips so I don’t need the cushion. If your car doesn’t have this tilt, then yes, I would recommend just one 2 inch cushion tapered down in the front.

tAsha

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask Tasha!’ is closed to new topics and replies.