Hab-it Exercises Forums Ask Tasha! Should I see another Dr?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Erin

First, thank you so much for your wonderfully informative site for women! I just gave birth to my 3rd child vaginally and am experiencing some prolapse. The first 2 births seemed fine and went quickly, but this last baby came out posterior and my dr had to use forceps to turn her head because her heart rate was dropping during contractions. I had a small inside tear that healed fine but at my 6 week checkup a few days ago, my Dr advised me that I have “a little prolapse”. He told me to push like I was pushing a baby out, during my exam and that’s when he noticed the prolapse. He told me that he couldn’t technically diagnose me for 4 more months and gave me some exercises to do while my body heals and said we won’t know the extent of the prolapse for a while because my body is still healing. My question for you is should I listen to my Dr and just do the couple exercises he recommended and let my body heal and see what happens or do I need to see another Dr and/or physical therapist. When I stand up and look in a mirror, I can sometimes see a bulge but it’s not coming out of my vagina and I’m not really experiencing any other symptoms. What would you do in my shoes?

Thanks!

Erin

Tasha
    Keymaster

If I’m in your shoes, I begin the Hab It dvd with my focus on connecting with each muscle of my pelvic basket. I also focus on reading through the Posture topic within the Education section knowing that how I hold my body will make a big difference in my healing and strength gains. Once I start on that journey, I finish reading through the entire Education section until I am ready to move on to the Hab It Cardio program.

That’s what I would do 🙂

tasha

Erin

Thank you!! I’ve been doing the habit dvd pelvic floor exercises for about a week now and feel pretty good about it. I really wanted to start working out so I also bought the habit interval cardio workout and started that yesterday. I’m not sure the jumping jacks are such a good idea for my prolapse. Do you think it’s ok to be starting that now or wait until I’ve done 6 weeks of the pelvic floor exercises first? Thank you!!!

Tasha
    Keymaster

Erin,
    Don’t get ahead of yourself! The key to rehab is being sure you are working through every piece of the puzzle. Jumping too quickly can leave you with an over-active RA, a co-contraction that doesn’t fire efficiently, or a bad habit such as a short breath hold. Take it slow, ensure great confidence in all your co contractions – I’m talking about TA/Pelvic floor, multifidi/TA/Pelvic floor, adductors/TA/Pelvic floor, deep hi rotators/TA.

Also think through your breath – Are you breathing with chest elevation and expansion, do you always know where your tail bone is in space?

Stay patient!

tasha

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask Tasha!’ is closed to new topics and replies.