Hab-it Exercises Forums Ask Tasha! Running again a?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ann

I have a 4.5 year old and 20 month old and was just diagnosed with a mild midline cystocele. Running has been a huge part of my life and the thought of giving it up forever is absolutely devastating. I\’m ordering your DVD and have just had my first session with a physical therapist. I\’m hoping you can give me insight into cystocele and running? I know everyone is different, but is it realistic to believe that there\’s a good chance of being able to safely run again after a few months of PT and doing the Hab-It workouts? Also is there anything I should be doing or concentrating on to protect my prolapse while doing low-impact cardio like walking in the meantime? Thank you!

Tasha Mulligan

Ann, your posture is very important. Consistently engaging the right muscles throughout your daily activities, making sure you are getting good extension of your tail bone and feeling your TA and pelvic floor work together to brace/stabilize your lower lumbar spine is important.

As long as you set a good base by strengthening your pelvic basket with the specific exercises on the Hab It dvd, then gradual progression into running will further strengthen your pelvic basket. It is important to follow this order of activity in order to return to running. If you don’t first get your pelvic basket firing efficiently, then your running can put too much stress on the muscles.

As you are waiting for your dvd, you can read through several of my postural blogs for good tips and a few exercises that I recommend. After 4- weeks of the dvd, then I recommend you progress to the Advanced Program, knowing your goals of return to running are an advanced activity, the exercises provided through that 7 day program will continue to engage your pelvic basket at an advanced level.

Continue to ask questions as you work your way through this progression and let us know of any questions/concerns or exciting changes.

-Tasha

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask Tasha!’ is closed to new topics and replies.