Hab-it Exercises Forums Ask Tasha! rectocele

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Gina

Dear Tasha,

I’m wondering if your DVD exercises will help with a low grade rectocele that I developed after the vaginal birth of my third child. Can this type of tissue damage be made better with pelvic floor strengthening, or, is it the case that once the damage is done, that surgery is the only option for reversing this type of injury. I really have no symptoms, but would like to prevent it from getting worse so that I maintain running and hiking as I age.

I already own your DVD and will do the exercise for pelvic and abdominal strength, but would like to know if it might help correct my problem.

Thank you for making such an important and empowering video for women!

Sincerely,

Gina

Tasha Mulligan

Gina,
    Absolutely, the dvd can help you! The reality is that there was damage to the tissue and that is why the mild rectocele appeared. This tissue will heal but often with scar tissue that is not as strong and as mobile as our original connective tissue. Surgery in your case would introduce more scar tissue and much higher risk of adverse side effects than the route of exercise. So thats where the dvd comes in. The collection of exercises on the dvd will help to strengthen every muscular piece of your pelvic basket that can help to support the weaker tissue you now have. Good for you for going this route. Noting the higher level of activity that you enjoy, I would highly recommend you move on to the Advanced Program after you work your way through all four workouts on the dvd. The Advanced program will further challenge your TA, your glutes, adductors, lower traps, lats, and more that are required for higher intensity activities.

Thank you for your question, and continue on with your activity level, it is the best thing for you!

Tasha

Gina

Tasha,

Thank you very much for your prompt and encouraging reply. The kids are in bed and I\’m off to do my Hab-it exercises!

Gina

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask Tasha!’ is closed to new topics and replies.