Hab-it Exercises Forums Ask Tasha! Rectocele getting better!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Julie

Hi! I just wanted to say thank you for putting out your DVDs! Last year I had constant internal pain and after going to my OB, he said I had stage 3 rectocele. I had two episiotomies and two difficult births (forceps/stage 4 tear). My children are now 7 and 4 but I started having painful symptoms and some “leakage” constantly. I am 38. He said my only option was surgery. I refused to accept surgery until I tried alternative therapies. I searched for prolapse videos and found yours and another one that was yoga based. I alternated videos 5 days out of the week. I had a bad month after getting a constant cough but with the videos/posture/eating less sugar/ and acupuncture it has helped. At my last visit this summer my OB was amazed. He said I was now a 2 to a possible 2 plus for my rectocele. He said it was highly unusual that anyone with my stage rectocele could have it reversed. He said it was probably the best I would get…I told him next time I will be a 1.5-2!
    Be the EXCEPTION! I am not a doctor but I was terrified of surgery and my colorectal doctor said surgery rarely fixes the problems associated with rectocele. You need to be consistent and patient but it has helped me so much. My hope is to some day get back to obstacle course running…maybe by next year, I will listen to my body and see.
    Thank you for your willingness to bring this topic out to the open. I felt so alone and embarrassed to discuss this with anyone and I am so glad you made this video to help! Thank you! And to everyone out there…be patient and have hope!

Tasha
    Keymaster

Hi Julie –
    I am posting this in testimonials as well. Thank you for sharing!

tasha

Keri

This is a post I needed to read today! I have stage 2 rectocele (hard deliveries and breathing all wrong in excercize, etc.) and I have been doing PT for 5 months with no results YET. I ordered the DVD so I’ll try this along with my PT. Just to be clear, it’s possible to achieve a “lift” with correct use of your program? I have the typical physical complications, but the emotional pain is worse for me – so if the more “out of sight” (or feel), the more “out of mind” it will be. Like many reading this site – I would also love to get back to running and working out like I had been doing! Hopefully I can see some improvements to keep me motivated. Thank you!

Tasha
    Keymaster

Keri,
    You should be 3 weeks into the program now because I am so behind on my Ask Tasha answers. Are you progressing well? Any new questions?

tasha

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask Tasha!’ is closed to new topics and replies.