Hab-it Exercises Forums Ask Tasha! Prolapse and fitness

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Elaine

Hi Tasha, I was diagnosed with between stage 2 and stage 3 prolapse after the birth of my second daughter 17 months ago. It’s been recommended that I have surgery, including a hysterectomy for my cystocele and uterine prolapse; however, I have also been informed that the first surgery can only repair up to 20 years on the high end ( I am only 32). Therefore I have denied the surgery currently and would like to look at non surgical options for making my condition manageable. I do have a pessary but find it very uncomfortable and therefore use it very infrequently. I would like to look into fitness options to regain my energy and strength but have been told I am very limited, no running, no weights, nothing that involves lifting more than twenty pounds (including my daughters) or bearing down. I have ordered the hab it DVD as a starting point but also wanted to ask your opinion about what I can do that won’t worsen my already poor condition. I know that returning to a more fit state will help me to keep up with my girls better, however I am scared to do more damage and therefore don’t do anything fitness related at all. Thank you in advance for your time,

Elaine

Tasha Mulligan

Elaine,
    Thank you for your question and I am so glad you have found us. As you are waiting for the dvd, begin to read through my blog and you can even begin the exercises on my pregnancy write up – you will find links to this on our home page. My blog will provide a great starting point for information gathering, providing you with a more in depth understanding of your posture and the specific muscles you will be focusing on with the Hab It dvd.

I also want to refer you to the forums on a site called prolapsehealth.com. There is a young mother on that site with a similar diagnosis as your own and she has shared some awesome insight on finding the right pessary and has been very proactive in her symptoms control. She continues to work on her posture and exercises to allow her to take care of her two young children and more.

-Tasha

Elaine

Thank you so much for your response Tasha, it is greatly appreciated that you would take the time! I have received the DVD and have completed workout 1 four times this past week. Is there a certain way you recomend moving through the workouts, as in do the first workout several times before moving on to workout 2 and so forth? I’m just so hopeful for good results I want to do my best to do the workouts correctly!

Thank you again for your time!

Tasha Mulligan

Elaine,
    I like for you to work through workout 1 and once you can complete it without difficulty, you can progress to workout 2. Over the next week, alternate workout 1 and workout 2 and when you can complete workout 2 without difficulty, you can rotate in workout 3 to your routine and so on.

I know you have been cautious about your activity level, but once you get 3-4 weeks of exercise in with the Hab It dvd, the pool would be a great place for you. Even if you don’t swim, you can get in with a kickboard and work your lower body and core with kickboard laps. Your body will love the extension you get in the water.

Thanks for the questions.

-Tasha

Elaine

Thanks again! I did workout 2 this morning so as recommended I will alternate between the two for a while till I have them mastered. Thank you for creating such a wonderful product for women in my condition, it is so helpful and comforting to take control of my symptoms. Thank you also for providing this forum where we can ask questions, I find it just so wonderfully helpful and encouraging! I will keep up my workouts and in time hit the pool and perhaps a spinning class as I noticed some of the other women mention. I just can\’t say it enough, thank you!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask Tasha!’ is closed to new topics and replies.