Hab-it Exercises Forums Ask Tasha! Pregnancy, SPD, birth

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Candy.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Candy

Hi Tasha! I have cystocele, rectocele ankild uterine descent. My boy was born in Feb 2015 but didn’t notice symptoms until after a miscarriage in November of last year.

I am currently 26 weeks pregnant and have been trying to keep up with the DVD however I also suffer with SPD/PGP so sometimes struggle.

My Question is what are your thoughts on vaginal delivery vs c-section with prolapse? My first birth was very traumatic with episiotomy and tear and I had a 9lb 6oz baby. So I’m petrified of a repeat and making things 10 times worse with vaginal delivery. Thanks!

Tasha
    Keymaster

Candy,
    Delivery is a personal decision, and there is no wrong choice – it is your own to make. However, if you are asking what I would do – i would stay with the same delivery method as my first. My reasoning is that you don’t want to introduce new scar tissue. Typically most damage to our bodies occurs during our first delivery, you may re-tear the same scar tissue that was orignally injured but there will hopefully be minimal new scar tissue introduces. Whereas if you go with a c-section, you introduce scar tissue within your TA as well. Just my humble opinion and thought process 🙂

tasha

Candy

Thanks for your reply Tasha, that makes total sense!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask Tasha!’ is closed to new topics and replies.