Hab-it Exercises Forums Ask Tasha! Positivity goal

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kat jones

Hi

I found out i have a mild cystocele a year pp after my 2nd. I feel like i have lost myself.

I am strong and active and feeling so sad
    a goal would boost my self esteem. so why not a triathlon.

Do you have a prolaps friendlybuild up scheme. Like in months, how many miles. What would be safe, what to look out for when you’ve done too much?

Cam you actually just get worse if you do your habit excercises consistently.

I need to believe i will still be playingfootball with my kids when i turm 50.

Thank you

Kat

Kat jones

I guess it is blocks 2/3 months and consistent practice at least 3 x a week.

I am a physio and that is helping me to see your point about consistent good habits.

I think i’d do habit just for fun 🙂 and now i also need to.

Is a full backbend in yoga wise? Not sure could give a lot of pressure?

Tasha
    Keymaster

Sounds like you have been reading through the Educate Yourself section:) Nice!!!

Your background as a physio will allow you to feel the pressure lift with TA activation and chest breathing with rib elevation and expansion. You will be able to feel the activation of TA and a chest lift with an Adductor squeeze when sitting in neutral spine. Feel for yourself the effects of each exercise and posture change. When it comes to the backbend in yoga – the only Yoga positions I say no to are any that make you hold your breath trying to get there or hold it.

Begin your triathalon training with biking and swimming. Get your muscles toned and build that endurance before bringing in a lot of running. Advanced core strength is highly recommended either through the 7 Day or Hab It Plyo.

tasha

kat jones

Thank you.

I have been practising the new breathing and am amazed by how good it feels. It makes it a lot easier to keep the chest lifted.

I think I did too much postpartum , cycling and moving and wish to god i had seen a pelvic physio inmediately after.

I tend to be in sway back, TA contraction will activate pelvic floor right? So I can do that a lot. Have been working extension a lot. lying on my belly playing with the kids, swimming. Am also incorporating deep neck flexor training. I cycle 1,5 hours a day as is. i’m feeling a bit scared of running but I have started the advanced work out and I could (lucky for my physio backgorund) see the way in which you move how these habits have become totally natural for you. I see it in the way you transition from one move to the pther and the way you stand when you explain things. That boosted my hope.

It makes sense. Prolapse can be managed, it’s just you need a broad approach not just kegels.

Would starting with a mile be safe running?
    You advised switching training blocks does that mean I can only run say 2/3 months a year and then do something else the pther 8 months?

Thanks!

Tasha
    Keymaster

Kat,
    Starting with a mile is a good choice. When I talk about training blocks, I am talking about a different focus, i.e. endurance, speed, agility, core stability, base building, flexibility. So you can still be running but your focus should change.

Tasha

Tasha
    Keymaster

Kat,
    Starting with a mile is a good choice. When I talk about training blocks, I am talking about a different focus, i.e. endurance, speed, agility, core stability, base building, flexibility. So you can still be running but your focus should change.

Tasha

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask Tasha!’ is closed to new topics and replies.