Hab-it Exercises Forums Ask Tasha! Offering Encouragement…and a couple questions!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Julia

Hi ladies!
    I wanted to stop by and offer some encouragement to those who are just starting on their journey with prolapse and Hab-it.
    I discovered my prolapse when I was only 3 days post partum. I could feel a bulge protruding from the opening and a heaviness whenever I was vertical. It was bad.
    I started the Hab-it program at one week post partum, and I am so thankful I did!
    At one week post partum I forced my OB to take an appointment with me. She airily explained I had a cystocele and a prolapsed uterus. She patted my knee and told me it was common. Ummm….I’m only 34! I have three kids! I’ve read the internet horror stories of a restricted life or surgeries that don’t work. So I went home and cried. A lot. Then, I sucked it up and started Hab-it. I chose to do the program everyday. I would do one workout for at least a week. I did workout 2 for two weeks because that one was just tricky for me! Throughout the next 6 weeks I had good moments and bad. I still cried. I obsessed over the mirror and feared walking too far or moving too much. Each day I tried a little bit more. I forced myself to go a little bit further.
    When I went back for my six week check up my doctor was amazed at my progress. She claimed she no longer even felt/saw the bladder and the uterus was up to a grade 1. I do think she was being a bit optimistic as I was laying down for the whole exam. But, I gushed about Hab-it and what a difference it was making.
    I am now 3 1/2 months post partum. I am back at work, volunteering at church, chasing around my three crazy children, walking 2 miles several times a week, and living my life! I can not say (as some women have) that I have gone whole days without thinking about my prolapse, but I can say I no longer obsess over it. I can go through most days without feeling the “bulge”, and I have finally put down the mirror.
    If I could offer you some encouragement it would be 1) put the mirror away. You pushed a human out of your vagina. It’s going to look different so put the mirror down and forget about the looks 2)accept that this is now your thing. Several weeks ago someone posted about everyone having their own body issues, and this one just happens to be ours. This was so simple yet so perspective changing for me. There are millions of people suffering from chronic pain illnesses…. my issues could be a whole lot worse. I should be thankful they aren’t! 3) Do the program!! If nothing else, it gives you the peace of mind that you are being proactive and doing something. But…it really will help. You will feel stronger and more in control. 4) keep living. Life is not over. Love your babies. Get moving. 5) Read the education section. I have learned so much about posture, breathing, walking (that big toe thing is still a struggle!!), even the right way to sneeze. I don’t always do it right, but I am so much more aware of my body and how it moves. I can also say I really do feel a difference with my prolapse when I have been consistent with neutral spine. As Tasha tell us, “Read, read, read.”
    I am amazed at the improvement I have felt both physically and mentally. Ive just purchased the 7 Day advanced workout, and I cannot wait to get started!! I hope someone finds this encouraging and finds the strength to stick with it!
    Now…my questions…
    Tasha,
    often when I sit in neutral spine for an extended period my legs will feel tingly and numb. Am I over exaggerating the posture? It’s almost like my legs are going to sleep.
    Also, for the 7 day workout. Am I supposed to go through the workouts for 2 weeks then move on? I would like to try Piyo (have about 20 lbs post baby weight I’d like to lose). If I feel strong after two weeks is it ok to move on to other workouts or do I need to stick with it longer?
    Thank you so much for your time! You are such an amazing and giving woman. I really do not know what I would have done without you and your program during this crazy time!
    Julia

MrsT

That was refreshing and real. Thank you. Needed it. Today I got out and lived life with my toddler and 10 week old. It’s taken me this long to gain confidence in my body, enough to feel I can get them in the car myself and go.
    Having had terrible post natal after first bub (2 years and 3 months ago) hitting this prolapse/laxity has knocked emotions around. So much so I’ve bee prescribed meds and I even got the script filled 2 days ago. Thing is it’s fluid. I have good and bad days. I don’t want to be on meds and I honestly don’t think I need them. This has been such a good post putting all those feelings into perspective.

Tasha
    Keymaster

Julia,
    This IS such a fantastic post – exactly what so many women need to read and hear! The truth is, I am 13 years past the discovery of my prolapse and 9 years past my last delivery. I rarely if ever think of my prolapse – kmy Educate Yourself section is like a personal diary of all my discoveries along the way when I was actively recovering. Getting a fresh entry like this is invaluable – so thank you Julia!

As for the 7 Day Advanced – this is an intense program to be performed daily (or close to it) for 4 -6 weeks. At that point I feel confident sending you on to any other program. If you go on to other programs and find you are still not 100% confident, then I would recommend you work through my Hab It Cardio or Plyo to further educate yourself on body mechanics that are beneficial to pelvic support!

Finally, on your sitting posture. If you are getting some tingling on the top of your thighs, you may be hinged to far forward. Our femoral artery and nerve bundle can get pinched under our inguinal ligament that runs right along our bikini line at our hips. when you get the tingling – work subtle adjustments in your posture by decreasing your forward lean or decrease your anterior pelvic tilt and see what your body does.

Tasha

Julia

Tasha,
    Thank you so much for your response. The fact that you take the time to respond to each of us is amazing! Please know we do not take that for granted. Thank you so much!

Mrs. T,
    I am so glad my story was an encouragement to you. I know when I first started out I searched every site I could find for any sort of positive story, encouraging word, or glimmer of hope.
    Do the program and give your body time to respond. Then one day you will be able to post your story and encourage another woman as she starts her life with prolapse.

Ashley

Julia,

This is so so encouraging to be. I was just dx last week with cystocele (grade 2) and rectocele/UV (grade 1). My only symptom is a heaviness and some discomfort. I also have 3 babies and my youngest is 21mo. I extended breastfed, so my lack of estrogen could have contributed to this worsening (although I think the initial prolapse happened after the birth). I’m an avid runner and Beachbody workout afficianado. I just started hab-it and hope to do it like you did!!! I still need to walk or do elliptical everyday for 30-45min. This is a major reduction in exercise for me, but I do it for my sanity. I’m also wanting to try piyo again after I finish with PT (first appt in 2 weeks), so this was so helpful!! I’d love to hear how you’re doing now and if you tried to program!

Ashley

Julia

Just wanted to drop by with an update for anyone reading through the threads.
    I am now 19 months postpartum and living life with prolapse. Most days, I really do not notice it or think about it other than to check my posture. Some days it is more noticeable, but I can normally trace it to my cycle, having over done it, or lapses in my posture.
    A year and a half ago when I first discovered my prolapse I thought my life was over. I thought I would never be able to do or enjoy anything…ever again! Thankfully, I found Hab-it. If you are debating on whether to buy it and try, I encourage you do just go for it! First, you will automatically feel more in control because you are being proactive and doing something about it. Second, the program really does help. You gain body awareness and strength! I have set up a routine where I go through the program every 3 months or so and I always feel stronger and better when I do!
    I also purchased the 7 day advanced workout. Again, Tasha is offering a top notch program! You will definitely gain more strength and control, but it’s also just a great workout. I will say, be sure to take the exercises slow, breathe, and focus on your posture and movements. My symptoms did increase a bit at first, but after my body adjusted to the new routine I felt great.
    Because of Hab-it, my life didn’t come to a screeching halt. My husband and I attended a dear friend’s wedding in Europe, walking roughly ten miles a day through gorgeous towns and villages. I only had one “bad” day ( the day after the wedding in which I had danced for hours… in heels!) I simply spent the next day resetting, breathing, and really focusing on posture. We took a family vacation hiking in the mountains, I survived another year as a middle school teacher, I’ve chased and played with my children, I’ve spent Saturdays cleaning my house and scrubbing my floors, I’ve walked and exercised, and thoroughly enjoyed my sex life!
    I will say, that this is a life long commitment. A commitment to posture, proper breathing, body awareness, recognizing when something is too much and being willing to slow down or say “no”. A commitment to take care of yourself!

Tasha
    Keymaster

Julia,
    Thank you for taking the time to come back and “Speak to all of us”. I love your journey, and you have said it so well – our bodies are a constant work in progress – constantly changing and adapting to our work load and taking on challenges from sickness to injury to pregnancy etc, and coming back time and time again.

Awesome for you to have developed the confidence in your own body to keep coming back and to put in the work as a “commitment to take care of yourself!”

Tasha

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask Tasha!’ is closed to new topics and replies.