Hab-it Exercises Forums Ask Tasha! New prolapse, question about sex

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Karen 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Emily

I hope it ok to ask this here…I recently had my second child, but first vaginal birth. I had a successful vbac. I feel great and felt good (once i was healed) after baby. I am 6 weeks post partum. About a week ago I noticed that instead of a dark area in anatomy, that now I have two (maybe 3??) little bubble like things. I don’t feel them, I feel fine, and they are up inside me but I can see them with a hand mirror when sitting. To say that I am gutted isn’t enough. I had a long labor (and pushed for 3.5 hours). My daughters head was tilted a bit and her hand was up by here face so they used the vacuum for less than a minute to get her partially out. Is is horrible to say I wish I would’ve just had a c section? Anyway, I’ll keep going so I don’t upset myself. I have an appt with a pelvic floor pt (I was good and saw one prior to delivery to make sure that wasn’t partially at play for my first being a c section). They cannot see me for a month. I’m sorry this is so long, I feel like I fit in well with all of you ladies, I am super active and have a 3 year old. I’m also a life long equestrian and just so mad, honestly I want to be doing what I love and now this…HOWEVER, my main question is about sex. I love my husband, and we had a wonderful sex life prior to baby 2. I’m so afraid to go there, in the next month or whenever I feel healed… I have no idea if I will hurt myself, damage myself more or how it goes in! Can any of you here give me some insight and HOPE that your sex life was ok after all this? I don’t have any symptoms except that I fear my sex life is over. I am so gutted. Thank you! I promise I am always a half glass full person, and I am hoping so very much that as I heal more and more improvement will come. But dang, for how wonderful my post partum experience has been with both my babies, this sure has thrown me for a loop.

#74340 Reply

Tasha
    Keymaster

Sounds like you have some reading to do Emily! Read through my Education section from top to bottom and then you will find yourself reading back through certain entries to begin to guide your recovery!

You are fine, you can have sex, no worries, and we’ll get you back to being the active lady/mom you want to be.

But the first step is understanding your body and what you can do from exercise, to posture (which should be easy being an equestrian) to breathing. You will recover, but just have to start down the right road with the correct information about your body!

Read, read, read, and then get back to us with specific questions as you begin your journey!

tasha

#74835 Reply

Emily

Hi Tasha,

First, THANK YOU for your reply. I am sure you may remember those days after you noticed something was different with your body and how nerve racking they were. The past two weeks have been an emotional roller coaster. I went to my pelvic floor PT this week, and she said that she believes that I do not have a prolapse but more loose tissue and a VERY weak pf. My loose tissue is visible only upon sitting on a toilet like seat. AND it still freaks me out. But I have more sessions scheduled so I hope to heal! I am still very nervous of everything but I am going to take this as a blessing and continue on. She gave me some exercises similar to what you teach 🙂 To which I have to comment that you dvd is so so so much more helpful to us ladies than print outs. My pt is wonderful but she and her exercises just do not come home with me like you do! She has advised me similarly to you to us on this forum..to be kind and give my body time. One thing that I have learned is that I will never ever take my pf for granted. I am done pounding it with hard exercise and never giving it a second thought. I have a ton of healing ahead of me, but I will give my body so much respect that i never did before. Also, I will continue to do your exercises for as long as I am able. I have no doubt being dedicated to them for the past few weeks has helped me both emotionally and physically. I am done with having babies, and look forward to being as active as ever but not careless…and no more grunting squats, deadlifts and cleans. I hope to keep gaining strength and doing your advanced videos someday. Thank you.

#74920 Reply

Tasha
    Keymaster

Emily,
    I do remember those days of fear, you are right. Thankfully the fear disappates as we learn more about our body and the control we have over these voluntary muscles that we have never connected with before. So glad you have found Hab It and are beginning to take back control. Continue to read through the Education section over the next 4-6 weeks that you are working through the Hab It dvd. Then I will have no doubt that you will be ready for the Hab It Cardio program and will begin to feel like your previous self – you’ll just have better posture!!!

tasha

#74963 Reply

Karen

Emily- this advice is obviously very person-specific, but for me something that was very helpful in dispelling my fears, especially regarding sex, was to ask my husband to take a careful look down there and tell me what he saw. We did this during both my postpartum periods. I found that it was very reassuring to me to have someone I love, who knows me and my body so well, take a look. In both cases, I was sure he was going to find things radically changed from how they were before, and instead he said he really couldn’t see much difference at all. He’s not a medical professional, so it’s not a diagnosis, but it was confirmation that I am still me down there. My prolapse really didn’t change my sex life in the slightest, things move around and make way as necessary. 🙂

Not sure if that would be helpful for you, but it is something that made a big difference for me. Much like pelvic floor issues being scary partly because no one talks about them, having a super frank exploration of it with my husband helped normalize it and just make it part of my birth and recovery process. Best of luck to you!
    Karen

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: New prolapse, question about sex
Your information: