Hab-it Exercises Forums Ask Tasha! Myocardial Pelvic Pain

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Andrea Jacobsen

Hi,

I’ve had pain in my left glutes and sometimes hip area for 3.5 years, following the birth of my second child. I just had my 3rd baby 7 months ago.

I’ve tried to figure out the source of this pain for a very long time. It’s daily and often very very painful. I hate that it determines how my day will go and what it takes from my life.

I just saw a different PT who indicates I have some pelvic floor weakness, moreso transverse abdominal. I can do an average to good kegal, but have difficulty relaxing it. I sorta push it out. During internal exam, it was excruciating pain. I believe toward back on both sides.
    She termed it myofascial pelvic pain. Said id need her to do this internal stretching and I’d also have to purchase supplies like a wand to do myself. I am very uncomfortable with this. Like nightmares I hate it. She also told me I cannot exercise because my muscles are not strong enough and that I’m using other muscles to complete activities or movements without knowing it and that’s why I have this referred pain.
    After the birth of my 2nd I started working out for the 1st time in my life and loved it. I was in the best shape of my life. During pregnancy the glute/hip pain was at its worse. It’s still pretty bad and more so sitting while I nurse baby A LOT.
    Questions:
    1. Will DVD help myofascial pain?
    2. Will it make anything worse? Not sure on kegals. Ive read conflict there if I should do them. I don’t have much awareness on being able to flex any stomach muscles right now, difficult time relaxing.
    Any help or direction you can provide is great.
    Thank you so much

Andrea Jacobsen

I should have noted. I don’t feel the pain unless she’s inside me or likely sex
    I do have urination frequently and when I do pee I push it out fast. I also leak a little when doing jumping had or sneezing. My concern isn’t the leaking at this time. It’s the glute pain. Followed bby my core. I feel like I can’t hold my posture up.

Tasha
    Keymaster

Andrea,
    Without the ability to evaluate you, I am somewhat limited, but here is my recommendation of a starting point that I know will have no negative side effect. Read through 2 sections of my Educate Yourself section to begin. Read through “Pelvic Floor Muscles Spasms” – within that section, I have a review of Brianne Grogans book FemFusion – she has a section on relaxation that I really like and sounds like a great start for you. 2nd, please read through my “Posture” section and implement the postural changes that I write about. You can begin both of these immediately and may note some improvement just from these 2 actions. Then get back to me and lets see if your symptoms have changed at all.

Oh, and I would not work Kegels per your description of pain at this time.

Tasha

Leigh

Andrea,

I am a former myofascial pelvic pain sufferer following the birth of my first child. I went to countless doctors and physical therapists with no relief. I was put on 4 different medications to manage the pain. After doing tons of research l, I found Myofascial release specifically the John Barnes method. I started with the most amazing therapist who made me feel so comfortable with the internal work and was off all medications within months. She taught me how to work on myself with the therawand and dilators which really expedited healing time. Myofascial release truly saved my life! I highly recommend finding a Myofascial release therapist trained by John Barnes. Best of luck!

Tasha
    Keymaster

Thank you for sharing Leigh. John Barnes is a well respected Physical Therapist – actually his techniques of myofascial release (not specifically for womens health) were taught at the University of Iowa way back when I was in PT school 97-99. The key will be finding a therapist specifically trained in his technique beyond the couple hours in school. Your best bet to do that would be to go to John Barnes site athttps://www.myofascialrelease.com/find-a-therapist/ and look for a therapist in your area.

tasha

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask Tasha!’ is closed to new topics and replies.