Hab-it Exercises Forums Ask Tasha! Multifidus question

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Rebekah

Hi Tasha!
    I’m 8 months postpartum with a grade one cystocele which has mostly resolved on its own (thanks to your DVD).
    My question today is about a recurrent low back injury which I suspect has something to do with my Multifidus being injured or just not firing properly. I have had a recurrent low back strain about once a year for the last 5 years. I’m young, 29, and hate that this keeps happening.
    I was wondering if this is something (with proper training, and focus) I can rehab and prevent reoccurrence (just like my prolapse). I’m also suspecting that low back strain and prolapse have something to do with each other. And maybe strengthening both will put me in better health overall. When the pain cools down a bit, I plan on focusing on your low back excersices in your DVD. Do you have any other advice? Thank you!

Tasha
    Keymaster

Hi Tasha!
    I’m 8 months postpartum with a grade one cystocele which has mostly resolved on its own (thanks to your DVD).
    My question today is about a recurrent low back injury which I suspect has something to do with my Multifidus being injured or just not firing properly. I have had a recurrent low back strain about once a year for the last 5 years. I’m young, 29, and hate that this keeps happening.
    I was wondering if this is something (with proper training, and focus) I can rehab and prevent reoccurrence (just like my prolapse). I’m also suspecting that low back strain and prolapse have something to do with each other. And maybe strengthening both will put me in better health overall. When the pain cools down a bit, I plan on focusing on your low back excersices in your DVD. Do you have any other advice? Thank you!

Rebekah,
    You are correct in assuming that your prolapse and low back weakness are connected. Our core supports everything attached to our pelvis. My recommendation would be for you to move on to the 7 Day Advanced Program available for people just like you, who want more. The program will take you from a rehab level to a workout level of training. Now, please note, that I do not know your strength or conditioning level, so try each exercise and see how your body responds. Some of the plank work is quite advanced and if it is too much, do the planks with your hands or elbow on the 3rd or 4th stair to decrease the intensity. Good luck to you!

Tasha

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask Tasha!’ is closed to new topics and replies.