Hab-it Exercises Forums Ask Tasha! Multifidi exstensions and anterior pelvic tilt

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Becky

Hi Tasha

Hope you can help.

I have prolapse cysto and mild recto after a forceps birth and am doing the hab it DVD which is helping.

I read your article about how you did extra multifidi extension exercises during the day (after your third birth) to reset your pelvic floor. I want to do the same and up the amount of these I do.

The reason is I find out of all the exercises in workout 1 and 2 that the multifidi extensions feel amazing and feel like they are really helping my prolapse. So I want to up the amount I do and do these a few times a day.

However I have (confirmed by many physios) a really curved spine /anterior pelvic tilt. I am working on decreasing this with some exercises like pelvic tilts.

My question is can I do extra multifidi extensions or will this make my anterior tilt worse?

Anything else you recommend to reduce the anterior tilt?

Thanks a lot you’ve helped so many women it’s amazing!

Becky

Tasha
    Keymaster

Becky,
    If you tend to stand in an anterior pelvic tilt, then that means that your multifidi are probably “off” because you may have boney compression in your lumbar spine. It is still ok to work these muscles because they are probably still weak. However, if they cause pain from bone on bone compression then go easy on them.

As for reducing your anterior pelvic tilt, you may want to focus on your TA exercises – work double on those too! Remember, posture is positoning so being conscious to reduce your pelvic tilt while keeping your chest up will be your biggest challenge. Constant feedback is important so find mirrors and if you are home alone, where sports bras so that you increase your awareness.

Tasha

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask Tasha!’ is closed to new topics and replies.