Hab-it Exercises Forums Ask Tasha! Lower Back Pain

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Kerry

I am 20 months pp w/ a mild rectocele/cystocele and diastasis recti.. I would like to know if you have any insight on lower back pain (more severe on RIGHT side) and seems to go down the right side. The back pain started after a weekend of pretty heavy yard work and after a few weeks of increasing pace and mileage when running. I think it is a case of poor form and too much at once. However it is pretty debilitating today turning and bending causes pretty severe pain. I tried some yoga for lower back pain and it helped a little. I experienced this about two months ago after doing a yoga DVD I have done for the longest time (but had taken a break from for a few months). The back pain was severe and it was difficult to walk and switch my foot from the brake to gas peddle in the car. After a few days it resolved itself but now I’m experiencing the same thing. I would like to know what I can do in terms of taking a more holistic approach to exercise to try to strengthen the systems that have been weakened. I know I should probably not have done all the yard work (especially w/o good technique). Thank you for your time!

Tasha
    Keymaster

Kerry,
    It is hard to diagnose without seeing you for an eval, but your description definitely points to sciatic nerve involvement. My strongest advice would be to schedule an appointment with a PT in your area. They will evaluate leg length, posture, flexibility, and strength. Once you resolve the acute nerve pain, you will want to focus on posture and stabilization exercises. It is at this point that the Hab It dvd can be of great help to you.

So find a PT that can perform a hands on evaluation and also begin to read through the Posture and Pelvic Basket Muscles topics in the Educate Yourself section of this website.

Good Luck!

tasha

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask Tasha!’ is closed to new topics and replies.