Hab-it Exercises Forums Ask Tasha! Lifting my baby

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Claire

Hi Tasha, forgive me if this is already on your blog, but for the life of me I cannot find it! My baby is now 7 months old and weighs roughly 18lbs. Can you tell me the best way to lift her from the floor/out of her cot etc? At the moment I am trying to keep my spine straight, squat if I am bending to the floor, taking my belly button up and in, exhaling when I bring her to me and performing a kegel … is this right or very wrong?

Claire.

Tasha Mulligan

Claire, you have pointed out all of the important keys to lifting correctly. Bottom line it is never easy lifting out of a crib or off the floor. Your comments on squatting, attempting to hold neutral spine, and breathing out as you lift are all very important. This is why squatting is an important part of the Hab It dvd and the Advanced program progresses you to single leg squats and lunges…squatting is part of our every day activities and as you progress the strength of your legs, the less pressure you will feel on your pelvic floor.

Thank you for the question. I will finish with one last thought to help ease your mind. With the efforts you are giving to squat and lift correctly, you will not cause any permanent damage to your pelvic floor even if you feel temporary increased symptoms. Continue to work toward increases strength and stay consistent with your efforts to “do it right” and you will be fine.

Tasha

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask Tasha!’ is closed to new topics and replies.