Hab-it Exercises Forums Ask Tasha! leaking while swimming

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Karissa 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Karissa

Hi Tasha,
    I have just begun lap swimming in the last 6 weeks. I love lap swimming but have not been able to for several years because there hasn’t been a pool nearby. We’ve moved now and I was so excited to start swimming. I have a mild prolapse that is quite uncomfortable at times, but I don’t really have any problems with pain or leaking urine. However, I have noticed in the last couple of weeks that I do leak urine while swimming. This is so confusing, as I thought this was a pelvic-floor-friendly exercise. I’ve begun pushing off the wall very gently, which helps, but I still notice leaking very small amounts, and getting out of the pool (the ladder is difficult to use) I almost always leak. Why would this be happening when it doesn’t happen in ordinary daily life? Thank you for your time!

#59860 Reply

Karissa

And yes, I realize that leaking in a pool is gross! So I feel like I need to stop swimming, though I love it, for the sake of hygiene and others. =( I do freestyle, breast and backstroke. Are certain strokes better than others for this? My doctor back in June didn’t even give me a grade or description of my prolapse but acted like it was quite mild and common for women who’ve delivered four babies.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: leaking while swimming
Your information: