Hab-it Exercises Forums Ask Tasha! Interval plyometric workout with diastasis

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tasha 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Rachel

Hi Tasha,

I’m 9 months postpartum with a grade 2 uterine prolapse, a 2 finger wide diastasis, and a small epigastric hernia. I’ve worked through Hab-it and the Interval Cardio workout, as well as some postpartum plans for the diastasis. I want to ramp up the intensity to get back to my prior level of fitness, but I can’t make it through the advanced cardio workout because my belly button pops out when I’m horizontal. I can control my TA pretty well otherwise.

Would I still be able to do the plyometric workout? My physio says that I should be okay with impact at this stage.

#42403 Reply

Rachel

I wanted to add that the prolapse is asymptomatic – no leaking and my physio only wants to see me in 2 months for maintenance.

#42787 Reply

Tasha
    Keymaster

Rachel,
    You could definitely move on to the Plyometric workout, however, you will want to use your knowledge of the planks taught in the Hab It Cardio program and perform all planks with your hands on the 3rd or 4th stair t0 decrease the direct pull of gravity on your abdominal hernia. I would anticipate with continued work on consistent posture and TA activation that your diastasis will further close so that eventually your planks can progress to hands on the floor.

tasha

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Interval plyometric workout with diastasis
Your information: