Hab-it Exercises Forums Ask Tasha! Habi-it exercises triggered spasms

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tasha 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Leslie

Hi Sasha,

I have what I think is a 111 rectocele. I will be seeing a doctor to confirm in about a month. This week I just startedI working through the Hab-it exercises session 1 & 2. The last couple of days I’ve been suffering with pretty severe spasms. I’ve been using the relaxation exercises recommended by Bri Grogan and those have seemed to help. Do you think I might have been to aggressive in the Hab-it exercises? I know I need to keep working at them, but I’m fearful of triggering more spasms. Any suggestions?

#47687 Reply

Tasha
    Keymaster

Leslie,
    It has been a common thread for those women who have a hypertonic pelvic floor that spasms to benefit from eliminating all Kegels. Continue to work the rest of your pelvic basket muscles, you will still be working your pelvic floor muscles with an overflow effect, but it sounds like direct contraction of your pelvic floor muscles may not be best for your hypertonic muscles.

After you work through a workout without the 2 step Kegels, continue to work your relaxation exercises and lets see where that takes you in a week or two.

tasha

#47688 Reply

Tasha
    Keymaster

Leslie,
    It has been a common thread for those women who have a hypertonic pelvic floor that spasms to benefit from eliminating all Kegels. Continue to work the rest of your pelvic basket muscles, you will still be working your pelvic floor muscles with an overflow effect, but it sounds like direct contraction of your pelvic floor muscles may not be best for your hypertonic muscles.

After you work through a workout without the 2 step Kegels, continue to work your relaxation exercises and lets see where that takes you in a week or two.

tasha

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Habi-it exercises triggered spasms
Your information: