Hab-it Exercises Forums Ask Tasha! Hab it for rectocele

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Sidman

I know 1.5 weeks is too soon to expect any progress but does it help at all with rectocele.
    I have booked an appointment to see a gastroenterologist for my IBs like symptoms because I am not sure if my frequent bowel movements are related to stomach issues or rectocele.
    What I am afraid of is that the doctors jump to surgery. During my recent obgyn appointment she mentioned surgery as soon as I mentioned my symptoms. She only checked my when I was ovulating, and semi Lying down and said my uterus is low, hence, it is pressing on my bladder.
    I got so scared that I cried.
    I have been doing workout 1 and 2 diligently.
    And will now be moving on to 3 tomorrow.

Tasha
    Keymaster

Hi there,
    Be sure to keep workouts 1 and 2 in your rotation. This is a 4-6 week program because that’s how long it takes to see neuromuscular changes – so if we are recruiting muscles that haven’t fired in a long time, it will take some time to first “wake them up” then to get them firing efficiently and effectively.

tasha

Sidman

Tasha,
    I have been doing workouts 1 and 2 everyday. and include workout 3 if there is time. So far I have only been able to squeeze in workout 3 5times.

I have a question. My obgyn said my uterus is low and hence putting pressure on my bladder and rectum. I have been reading your blog everynight. Some posts multiple times. You said once the ligaments are weakened there is no going back. So i have been watching my posture diligently, but I have mid back pain when I pull i my belly up ad in. What am I doing wrong? Or is it a different problem altogether?

Also, it says on wikipedia “The uterus is primarily supported by the pelvic diaphragm, perineal body and the urogenital diaphragm. Secondarily, it is supported by ligaments and the peritoneal ligament the broad ligament of uterus.[7]”
    So, is the prolapse caused due to weakened muscles first, and hence the ligaments get worse and fail to support the organs?
    I wish had this information before so I would have watched my posture, I also breathe through my belly.
    I have been telling other females about this in my family, hopefully they take it seriously.
    Thank you for all you do.

Mary

I’m also wondering if hab it is effective for rectocele. It seems more women speak of their cystocele. I have both and by far my rectocele has been the hardest to deal with. Even on amazon most of the reviews are women speaking of their cystocele healing, if I remember correctly. Please give us some hope for rectocele specifically.

sidman

Yes mary, I have only read about cystoceles here, and also on babycenter where I first got to know about Hab it and Tasha.
    My rectocele is causing more anxiety.

Mary

Sidman,
    I understand. I just started trying to use perineal support when I need to have a bowel movement and it is helping. Splinting with a thumb or finger in my vagina never helped me so I gave up on trying but then an older lady suggested I try using my hand to give perineal support and I lean forward a bit on the potty while trying this and it has helped. Maybe try that? I hope it’s ok to do, but I can’t see why it would not be.

Tasha
    Keymaster

Ladies,
    It is fine to splint your perineum while voiding. Keep in mind most prolapses are years in the making, sometimes pushed over the edge following pregnancy and delivery, but intra abdominal pressure, poor posture, poor muscle recruitment are usually underlying factors. Those are the parts that we have control of and what we want to focus on.

There are several rectocele questions that you can search within this Ask Tasha section to help you understand how you can make a difference in your pelvic support. Gaining a deeper understanding of your body and focusing on what you can control will help you tremendously. Refer to the first entry on the Ask Tasha section to learn how to search this forum.

tasha

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask Tasha!’ is closed to new topics and replies.