Hab-it Exercises Forums Ask Tasha! Gardening?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cassie 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Cassie

Hi Tasha! I’m working my way through your videos, but the other day I was gardening and realizing I was in a kind of standing crunch “flexion” (is that right?) all the time. What would be the right way to garden when I have to bend over a lot? Is it more of bending at the hip and not the knees, should I always squat, if I squat do I always have to keep chest up? That can be hard because I can’t see what I”m doing! 🙂 Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a mild rectocele and cystocele and am looking to strengthen my pelvic floor and learn proper sitting, standing, lifting, etc. so I don’t worsen it. Your website and DVD are godsends because every PT place around me has a 4-7 month wait for Pelvic PT! Thank you!

#76632 Reply

Tasha
    Keymaster

Cassie,
    Hands and knees while gardening is a must. Best position – consider it an exercise – because tail bone can be lifted slightly and TA drawn up and in. Also think of the tricep work on the one weight bearing arm – keep a slight bend in your elbow, focusing on your shoulder blade being set down and in.

Tasha

#76763 Reply

Cassie

Wow. So funny I never even thought of that as an option! Glad I asked. Grabbing some kneepads tomorrow though! Lol. Thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Gardening?
Your information: