Hab-it Exercises Forums Ask Tasha! felt great for weeks now symptoms are acting up again

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    debra

I have been doing the advanced program for a few weeks and for about 3 weeks barely felt my symptoms but since last week I have that heavy feeling again, except for about a day and a half felt good, so I went back to the regular habit DVD….I don’t understand what could have caused this I am so discouraged right now. Its been 4 months since I started any type of kegels and your DVD,how long can it take for things to really get good and stay that way? Thanks

Tasha Mulligan

Debra,
    You have accomplished something great in regaining control of your pelvic basket muscles. I want you to feel really good about your progress! Your temporary set back is a reminder for you – your pelvic floor will do this, much like a tough coach – it is reminding you of your posture, your breathing during exertion activities, and your continued ability to fire your pelvic basket muscles. You will always have to check yourself, because it is so easy to feel good and then forget the simple little things, those subtle things, that got us there. Whenever I need a reminder, I go back to several of my “go to” exercises from the Hab It dvd and in effect, reset my pelvic floor.

You have taken a huge step to regaining control of your pelvic floor, but your work will continue. Your awareness and consistency must continue AND your understanding of your body has got to be there as well. I remind you of this last part because you may note increased aching when your body is ovulating or just before your cycle is to begin. Recognize these hormone fluctuations and work more pelvic floor isolation on these days and come back to the Advanced Exercises after the symptoms pass in 1-2 days.

-Tasha

debra

Hi Tasha,

Its been 60 days since my last post and I am doing fantastic. I still have not gone back to the advanced exercises just continuing the hab it DVD and hardly ever feel my symptoms. My daughter is having surgery this coming Tuesday and I will be staying at the hospital for the 4 or 5 days she will be in there (she is 11) and of course I will do my kegel exercises but I can’t get on the floor to do any of the DVD ones what can I do that I can continue my upkeep while in there or will just doing my kegels be good enough for that amount of time. Thanks for your help as always…

Tasha Mulligan

Debra,
    I would recommend you do your 8-10 seated Kegels each day you are at the hospital and then throw in some adductor squeezes, some standing multifidi lifts, some tripod stance hip strengthening. The list I just gave you will work your pelvic floor, your adductors, your multifidi, and your hip rotators – All the muscles of your pelvic basket, except your TA, which you can work just by holding your TA taught with good posture.

I am proud of your consistency Debra! Keep up the good work.

Tasha

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask Tasha!’ is closed to new topics and replies.