Hab-it Exercises Forums Ask Tasha! Exercise after pelvic surgery

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Amanda

Hi. I had a hysterectomy (laparscopic) and paravaginal and rectocele repair 5 months ago. I am getting back into exercise and would like to know what exercises not to do. I understand no crunches and bearing down movements. What about squats and lunges? I have had no problems except for heaviness at the end of the day. Each month things get better. I want to keep myself in good fitness to keep my repairs good. I must say that my posture can use a lot work….especially when lounging and watching TV. I di have your habit DVD, but have not worked out with it on a regular basis. Adding it to my list to do! Thank you!

Tasha Mulligan

Amanda,
    Kudos to you for recognizing how important it is to strengthen your pelvic basket to help support your repairs. Often it is out of sight, out of mind, but your approach will no doubt improve the longevity of your successful repair. Your question is regarding squats and lunges. I give you a thumbs up on both of these activities. Take care to breathe out as you press up out of your squat or lunge and do not squat or lunge with any added weight. Technique is important with squatting or lunging. I have instruction on both of these on our Hab It dvd as well as our Hab It Advanced Program to ensure proper technique.

-Tasha

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask Tasha!’ is closed to new topics and replies.