Hab-it Exercises Forums Ask Tasha! discouraged

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ruth

Hi Tasha , I have been diagnosed with a grade 2 uterine prolapse about 6 months ago now, I have your DVD and worked my way through it , it is great and very informative . i have managed to get back out running , not to where i\’d like but hopefully some day . I had stopped doing the DVD for awhile just with christmas and busy i got out of the habit , i just started back with it last wk doing workout 3 , but the last 2 runs i have done have not been good , i started leaking , which hadn\’t been a sympthom . I do wear a pessary when i run some days i don\’t feel it at all when running and others it is a hindurance . So bascially my Q is am i doing too much with running ? and should i stop wearing the pessary and try to build enough strenght to where i don\’t need it ? I have loved getting back out running and feel sad about maybe haviing to stop again
    Thanks

Tasha Mulligan

Ruth,
    One of my latest blog entries was on our top cardio choices. Running is one of those choices that is personal because it depends on your level of strengthen, symptoms, running style and more. With the re-emergence of symptoms and some new symptoms, I would recommend you focus again on the Hab It dvd for a couple of weeks before jumping back into running since you have taken some time off. Also, be aware of where you are in your cycle, not eating before you run, and any other factor that can effect your pelvic floor. My final recommendation would be to progress to our Advanced Program which will better condition your pelvic floor for an activity like running – this program may also progress your pelvic basket strength, allowing you to use your pessary less and less.

Hope this helps. Read through that cardio blog and let me know of any other questions.

-Tasha

Ruth

I have read through ur latest blog and yes i agree a personal choice , i feel alot better that i’m running again , mentally , although not where i want to but hopefully after the advanced programme i will see more improvement . Thank you for your time and the work that you do, u give so many women a better understanding of their bodies and hope for the future , i would be lost without ur help and DVD.
    Ruth

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask Tasha!’ is closed to new topics and replies.