Hab-it Exercises Forums Ask Tasha! Diastasis Recti and prior pelvic floor surgery

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Laura

Hi Tasha,

I had a 4th degree tear/rvf and reconstructive surgery after my first delivery. Prior to the surgery, I did habit and after I went to a PTSD for relaxation/strengthening/scar tissue massage. I recently had my 2nd via c section and I’m having 2 issues: pelvic floor weakness and diastasis recti. What should be treated first? Should I do habit first (and if so what can I modify?) Or should I try a paid diastasis recti program first?

Tasha
    Keymaster

Laura,
    Go with Hab It. I say that because it will address both issues. It will begin your strengthening with the deepest stabilizers. As you work through Hab It, it will recruit all of the muscles of your pelvic basket, including the TA, and ensure correct firing pattern. At that point, if you have not noted a steady closure of your diastasis, then you can supplement with a focused diastasis program.

I would also recommend that you read through the Educate Yourself section. The more you understand postural positioning, chest breathing vs diaphragmatic breathing, and more, the more progress you will make with your diastasis.

Tasha

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask Tasha!’ is closed to new topics and replies.