Hab-it Exercises Forums Ask Tasha! Diastasis Recti

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Beverley

Hi Tasha,

I am a bit confused about the TA activation. I have recently started doing your workouts and reading this forum and have made the change to doing only 8 stage 2 kegels per day.

I have a Diastasis Recti which I am hoping to close through the program. I see you recommend to work on the TA to close the diastasis – and this includes during the day too.

I have 2 questions:

Do you activate the TA as much as possible – ie when standing around or only when lifting things? Can you exhaust the muscle like you can the pelvic muscles?

If you are only meant to do 8 kegels per day – surely you would be activating the pelvic floor muscles when you activate the TA muscle?

Thanks

Tasha
    Keymaster

TA activation can be confusing. How much, how hard??? Hopefully I can help clarify…
    When you are working through the exercises, you will hear me cue you to set your TA by drawing your belly button up and in. This is an active strengthening of this muscle. Your goal is to engage as many of the muscle fibers of your TA as possible – during your workout.

Throughout your day I would like your focus to be on your posture. This requires an awareness of your tailbone/pelvic positioning. Your TA activation for this is simply to balance your multifidi lift, not to activate every last fiber. Activating your TA while sitting in neutral spine is also important so that your anterior musculature is not just shut off all day while sitting at your desk.

I hope that helps. The goal is that with continued strengthening of your TA through the Hab It program and then possibly the 7 Day Advanced Program, that you will carry an increased muscle tone naturally without any extra conscious effort on your part.

tasha

Beverley

Thanks for answering my questions. Can I just clarify your last point.

Are you saying that I will get to a point through your exercise program where I will no longer need to activate my TA during the day – that it will stay activated as a result of doing your strengthening program everyday….ie that it will become an unconscious action?

Because right now – I am having to focus on my posture and be present with it the whole day.

Tasha
    Keymaster

Correct Beverley,
    Once you are consistent with a strong stabilization program like the 7 Day Advanced Program, you will naturally hold more tone in your TA. Especially if this program is done in the morning. You will establish a base strength with this program and by performing these exercises you will have “turned on” your TA, your shoulder external rotators, your glutes, your hip rotators, and your adductors for the day!!! Awesome, right?!?!

tasha

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask Tasha!’ is closed to new topics and replies.