Hab-it Exercises Forums Ask Tasha! Detached pelvic floor muscles

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tasha 5 days, 7 hours ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

C.F.

Hi Tasha,
    I went to a urogynecologist today for my rectocele (Grade 2) and was also told that my pelvic floor muscles are detached from my pubic bone. The doctor recommended a pessary. I have been doing the Hab-it video, follow your forum and trust your opinion! I was prepared for the rectocele diagnosis but not the detached muscles. What are your thoughts on a pessary for this diagnosis and anything else that I should be doing? I assume that keeping up with the video is good for overall strengthening.
    Thanks,
    CF

#74752 Reply

Tasha
    Keymaster

CF,
    I would anticipate much worse symptoms with complete avulsion off your pubic bone…so I would say, like most of us, you had tearing but that scars down because there is such good blood flow in our pelvis. Scarred muscle is never quite as elastic or responsive as the original tissue but still can function.

I also question the thought of a pessary for rectocele. A true rectocele is too low for a pessary to be useful.

Your best options are the journey you have already started on – read through the Education section, focus on your posture and breathing with chest elevation and expansion to help lift pressures from your pelvic bowl and continue your exercise. with consistency will come good results.

tasha

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Detached pelvic floor muscles
Your information: