Hab-it Exercises Forums Ask Tasha! Cystole & spina bifida

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Renee

I had a bladder sling and partial hysterectomy seven years ago. A week ago I realized that I had a slight bulge at the  end of my vagina. I swathe urologist who states that I have a shortened vaginal wall (which I knew) along with a stage 1 – stage 2 cystole. He recommended no surgery. I have this mass of tissue that is annoying. It feels that I have a tampon falling out all the time. I’m going to see a PT but all in all, I’m very depressed. He said I was very tight in my vaginal area and that there is something more going on. I’ve been crying all day due to this and thinking “will my life be like this forever?”. I am overweight. I do try to lose weight and I also try to work out but my back hurts a lot. I have spina bifida occulta and see a chiro weekly for pain management. Will your DVD help me? I felt like the dr thought this was not a big deal however, at this time, I can’t imagine being intimate with my husband ever again. I’m devastated. Thank you!

Tasha
    Keymaster

Renee,

The dvd will do no harm.  Since I don’t have the priviledge of a hands on eval, I am unable to give a good focus on your needs.  Do you lack flexibility, any neural tension, what is the strength level of your pelvic basket muscles and how do they compare side to side.  These are things that I Physical Therapist would be able to evaluate for you.

I do know that the exercises on the dvd will work your deepest stabilizers from the inside out, which is great, but it may not be enough.

Tasha

Renee

I am not very flexible and have a lot of tension overall. I did go on and get the DVD to try and I did the first set of exercises yesterday. I messed up a lot on them but I also felt that it was helping. I am going to try it and just work on keeping my body in a neutral spine position along with my Kegels.  Hopefully, this will get better but if it does not, maybe it will keep me from one day having to have surgery.

Thanks!

Tasha
    Keymaster

Renee,

I love your positive approach.  Rehab for all of us is like putting together a puzzle.  Sounds like you are putting together piece by piece what works for your body.  Great job!

Tasha

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask Tasha!’ is closed to new topics and replies.