Hab-it Exercises Forums Ask Tasha! Cystocele help!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Nancy

Hi Tasha-
    I was diagnosed with a Cystocele 4 years ago. At that time I was 42 and suddenly was in a lot of discomfort with bladder pressure, frequency and achiness. Depending on where I was in my cycle the symptoms ranged from annoying to downright uncomfortable. I waited 6 weeks to see a PT therapist but bc I was feeling much better by the time I got in combined with being so put off by the manual part of the therapy I never went back!

Since then I’ve had one or two flare ups that last a few days and my symptoms are always worse at ovulation and right before my period.

The past month, however, had been as bad as my first encounter with this. I think in every case I have had a bad syntomatic bout of this it has always followed a strenuous stretch at the gym ( circuit training similar to cross-fit) and especially after doing a heavy abdominal component. I had just started a gym challenge 40 workouts in 60 days and I got to day 22 ( almost consecutive) and got hit with these awful symptoms again.

I can feel the Cystocele and see it quite low now! I think last time I was a stage 1 but pretty sure things are sitting at stage 2 now. Can I reverse this???

Very upset I may have done some irreversible damage.

I am 46, had 4 kids in 6 years the oldest of which is 6. I have been largely asymptomatic except for a few months at a time over the past 4 years.

Any advice would be welcome.

Tasha
    Keymaster

Nancy,
    You can be symptom free but you need to educate yourself. The cross training type workouts without smart modifications will continue to give you problems. So begin by reading through the Education section – all of it! Teach yourself about why you want to avoid and short breath hold or significant bear down with exertion. Understand the difference between your Rectus Abdominus and your Transversus abdominus.

Read, read read, and when you are ready to buy in – then begin the Hab It program. You WILL get better!

tasha

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask Tasha!’ is closed to new topics and replies.