Hab-it Exercises Forums Ask Tasha! could these exercises cause bleeding

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tasha 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Fonda

Hello! I found your dvd to be very informative and exactly what I was looking for. I have had 13 babies, and my pelvic floor (particularly rectocele) is pretty weak. I’ve been faithfully going through the steps, and have gotten to three. But I’ve been having light vaginal bleeding off and on for quite a few days, which I was chalking up to hormones (breastfeeding). I have noticed lately that the bleeding seems to come later in the day and suddenly it dawned on me that maybe it’s my exercises causing it. Do you think that could be the case? And if so, should I stop and change something? Thanks!

#66238 Reply

Tasha
    Keymaster

Wow Fonda,
    13 children!!!

The exercises themselves should not be causing any bleeding. They would be causing contraction of the muscles surrounding your uterus but not the uterus itself. Depending on how long ago you delivered, breastfeeding can often stimulate uterine contractions early on as the uterus is shrinking back down. I would check with your OB GYN or midwife with more details such as amount of bleeding, how dark or bright the blood is, is their cramping, etc.

Hope this helps!

Tasha

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: could these exercises cause bleeding
Your information: