Hab-it Exercises Forums Ask Tasha! continuing exercises post vein surgery

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Katie

Hello Tasha,
    I am having laser ablation done on my leg to treat a leaky vein that caused many varicose veins and most recently blood clots after delivering my 3rd baby. Tonight at my pre-op appointment, I asked the doctor if I could continue to exercise during the 2 week recovery period. She said no to the specific exercises I mentioned – squats, planks, or side-lying leg lifts. I didn’t tell her of why I was exercising or what exactly I’m doing (the Hab-it dvd for prolapse) but she just said to stay away from anything that “causes you to bear down”.

I don’t feel that I bear down doing the DVD. So would you think that any portion of the DVD would be ok?

My baby just turned 3 months and I’ve been doing the DVD since 2 1/2 weeks postpartum..I have seen **tremendous** improvement and have worked my way up to the 4th workout. I really don’t want to take a 2 week break, but I also don’t want to compromise my healing after this surgery! Any advice you could offer would be so greatly appreciated!!

Thank you for all you do!!!! You have given me such tremendous encouragement along with the wonderful rehab! It has so drastically changed my perspective from when I first discovered prolapse!

Tasha
    Keymaster

Katie,
    I love to hear these stories of significant improvement! During this post-surgical time (2 weeks), listen to your doctor. Do not do any of the exercises at this time, but instead focus on your posture, you can do some multifidi lifts throughout your day. You can also sit on your swiss ball and just work pelvic range of motion. Circles, rocking front back and side to side. Try to work on standing 2 step Kegels 8-10x throughout your day and you will be just fine.

When given clearance, come back to the exercise program and you will be right back on track. This may be a great time for you to see the base strength you have already set. It won’t disappear – I promise.

Tasha

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask Tasha!’ is closed to new topics and replies.