Hab-it Exercises Forums Ask Tasha! Confused

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    C_bell

Hi Tasha, I have posted before but my situation has changed again. I actually went on to have a 3rd baby. Via c section. And although I felt ok during pregnancy with my prolapses (cystocele, uterine, rectocele & internal rectal prolapse) I haven’t been feeling very good since the c section. This may be because I went into premature labour unexpectedly first. Anyway, I have been doing the habit exercises for 5 weeks, and although I feel stronger in my core with lifting & the like, down below my symptoms are just getting worse. With feelings of weakness & pooping issues. I’m 6 months pp now & had so hoped I would be feeling a bit better by now. Is there a reason the habit might be making me feel worse? Thanks x

Tasha
    Keymaster

C bell,
    Sometimes adhesions from the c-section can be limiting progress. Mayan massage can sometimes help to release these adhesions and following this myofascial release and scar massage you want to immediately begin recruiting and co-contracting your multifidi, TA, and pelvic floor.

Also, note how you feel after each individual exercise. If you don’t feel the pressure has lifted up off your pelvic floor, then re-assess your pressure distribution -it should be up to your lifting and expanding chest wall and not down on your pelvic floor.

Tasha

C_bell

Thank you Tasha for your response. I’m afraid to say I have stopped the DVD as I felt like things were just getting worse. However since stopping things aren’t necessarily better. I really want the DVD to work for me having read so many success stories & I like the way it makes the rest of my body feel. But in your opinion does the habit DVD help with a rectal intusseception? I worry it is beyond repair with physio. Really don’t want surgery but don’t want to live like this either. Do I just need to give the DVD longer? I have been reading up on the whole woman website & I am getting conflicting information!! 🙁 thanks x

Tasha
    Keymaster

Yes,
    I have a totally different approach than whole woman, so it will definitely be conflicting. I coach women back to an active lifestyle with fitness goals. Whole Woman will coach you back to wearing loose clothing and no fitness goals.

My advice remains the same, you have to take charge of your body – assess with each exercise on the hab it dvd, do you feel the pressure lifted up off your pelvic floor or is pressure forced down with this exercise. If it is the latter then you need to re-evaluate your exercise execute and make sure we are co-contracting the right muscles that should lift the pressure vs a co-contraction involving obliques or rectus which would force pressure down.

You can do this but you have to have focus on one exercise at a time until we figure out what is working and what is not.

Tasha

C_bell

Thank you. I find it hard to figure out what’s helping and what is not as I don’t necessarily feel pressure. I do habit one night & kegel 8 the next and the day after I do habit, my symptoms are definitely worse. As in, my cervix is lower, I feel more open down below & tight feelings in my belly. The day after kegel 8 things feel a lot more lifted. I feel like my belly is really toning up with the habit but it’s almost as if the flatter & the stronger I become in my core the further things get pushed down. This is so disheartening.

Tasha
    Keymaster

C-bell,
    Please read the response I just gave to Catherine in the thread just below yours. With the correct firing pattern you won’t feel your cervix lower, it will definitely be higher!

tasha

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask Tasha!’ is closed to new topics and replies.