Hab-it Exercises Forums Ask Tasha! can i strengthen core if i get pregnant?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    michelle

Hi tasha, I have only just heard about your dvd but have been seeing gynae physio and managed to get my pelvic floor strenght from grade 3 to a 5 on her scale – ie strong hold and lift, I have grade 1-2 uterine prolapse, was hoping to start trying for another baby in next few months. I feel as though my stomach muscles need to be stronger, esp as I am prone to sore lower/mid back, anyway my question really is can you strengthen your core abdo muscles even if I do get pregnant or woulds the pregnancy bump undo any core strength I would achieve beteen now and then? It would be great to see some result just not sure how long it takes to see results in core strengthening? My other question is, do you follow the same scale as my Physio and if so would a level 5 mean I was ready to progress to the advanced exercise programme or is it premature given my lax abdo…? Thank you for your time and support xx

Tasha Mulligan

Michelle,
    The Advanced Program is definitely a high level stabilization program. It is hard to say if you are ready for this program without knowing what type of base building program you have done. Have you worked through the Hab It dvd? Or has your physio worked adductor strengthening, TA strengthening, and low back isolation? You would want to have a solid base strengthening program focused on all of these areas before you move on to the exercises on the Advanced Program.

Sounds like you have made great strides on your pelvic floor isolation strength. Now work in the rest of the pelvic basket and you are on the right track.

-Tasha

michelle

Thanks Tasha, really appreciate the advice, I ordered hab it on Sunday and it arrived this am (tuesday), very pleased with service, also I worked through the first three programmes – it is great and so informative! Thank you for such a great resource! I felt great after it and like I was holding myself better can\’t wait to see the results after 6weeks at three times per week!

Tasha I am hoping you could answer another question – can you use Hab it exercises (first three workouts) while pregnant with grade 1_2 uterus prolapse, and also a spin bike perhaps with less intensity?

Tasha Mulligan

Michelle,
    Yes you can use the Hab It dvd while pregnant, however, you will become more and more limited in positioning as your pregnancy progresses. With that in mind, I have written the “Knowledge of Your Pregnancy Body” document with video clips demonstrating the modified exercise positions that you can do throughout your pregnancy. A return to the Hab It dvd program following delivery is highly recommended.

And yes, you can work on the spin bike throughout your pregnancy. Usually the forward lean position is a great position as long as you are comfortable on the bike seat. This is a position that alleviates any pressure from your tail bone and allows it to extend. Swimming is also a great pregnancy activity that I would highly recommend!

-Tasha

michelle

Tasha just wanted to say thanks for your replies, very helpful. It is a great service you are offering and I’m so grateful to have found you and your dvd. Many many thanks Xx

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask Tasha!’ is closed to new topics and replies.