Hab-it Exercises Forums Ask Tasha! breathing

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Peggy

I am 68 and prolapsed 4 weeks ago. I have spent several hrs. a day researching what to do.I have ordered your dvd and it should be here any day now. For the past 2 weeks I have been doing a couple of your exercises on you tube, tttap oip/hf and a couple of Katy Bowmans along with trying to stay in posture.I think mine happened because I have saitic nerve pain in the left leg and I would walk humped and tucked to help the pain.I’m working on that also. My main question is breathing. Do you want me to breath through the mouth or nose? I know Katy says ,I think, breath in through the nose and exhale through mouth. I want to everything as good as I can because I am hopping to get normal again.Also should we not wear snug jeans,

Tasha
    Keymaster

Peggy,
    Your assessment of your posture, dictated by your sciatic nerve pain, is awesome. Recognizing how that forward flexed posture as well as your elevated pain level can leave your pelvic basket vulnerable is very insightful. As far as breathing, I think to start, in through your nose and out through your mouth is just fine. Let every breath out through your mouth be a reminder to pull your TA up and in.
    Eventually, however, your breathing should just be relaxed, in and out of your nose unless you are exerting and mouth breathing is required. With time, neutral spine posture will become your norm and no extra focus on activating your TA will be required – just neutral positioning of your pelvis should be your focus and this requires a balance between your multfidi and TA.

On your question on jeans: I wear jeans all the time, but I do caution against tight compression above your hip bones.

Good luck Peggy. Check in with questions any time. You are on the right path!

tasha

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask Tasha!’ is closed to new topics and replies.