Hab-it Exercises Forums Ask Tasha! Best way to carry baby while caring for my prolapse?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tasha 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Jen Wee

Hi Tasha,

I have a 1 yr old, who needs to be carried once in a while. What is the best posture/position for lifting & carrying him (like transitioning from the floor to the bed/stroller), while still caring for my pelvic floor?

I cannot totally delegate the carrying, my husband steps in as much as he can, but there are and will be times that I have to lift him up myself. I am worried of worsening my prolapse, if you can make a video to show the proper way that would be great.

#59527 Reply

Tasha
    Keymaster

Jen,
    Work a squat with your tail bone lifted and your chest up. I have the videos showing this proper positining in the workouts already on our site. The 7 Day Advanced, Hab It Cardio, and Hab It Plyo are full of proper squat techniques. As a matter of fact the Samauri squat on the Hab it video is a great example as well. The stronger you get in your workouts, the less of a worry lifting your toddler will be!

Breathe out as you press back up to standing and you are gold 🙂 Get yourself in shape and you’ll have no worries!

tasha

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Best way to carry baby while caring for my prolapse?
Your information: