Hab-it Exercises Forums Ask Tasha! anterior pelvic tilt

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Lara

Hi Tasha,
    I have been suffering with lower back and hip problem for several years. I have been to ortho, chiro, PT, massage therapist and myofacial therapist. Nothing has really made it better. So I began to lift weights with a strength and conditioning coach so now my core is strong. I met with a new chiro and he said I have an anterior pelvic tilt and my left hip sticks considerably more than the right. Also, the space between L5-S1 is considerable smaller than all my other discs which with the tilt makes my lower back hurt. Can you recommend some exercises- I do all the exercise on the hab -it dvd. I am also confused why this would happen. I don’t sit a lot, I walk a lot and am very active with a strong core. Thanks so much!

Tasha
    Keymaster

Lara,
    Simply going off your postural description, I would focus on your TA strength. Your TA will draw you out of an excessive anterior pelvic tilt that can lead to mechanical low back pain due to boney compression of L4-5 and L5-S1. The Hab It dvd works your TA in hands and knees position with progression to planks on workout #4. The 7 Day Advanced Program further strengthens your TA through more advanced moves. If you are interested in the Advanced Program, I would recommend you begin all planks with your hands on the 3rd or 4th stair and let your body adjust to the new challenge.

Also, a physical therapist in your area should be a great resource for postural exercises that will pull you out of this excessive anterior pelvic tilt and help to correct any abnormal right or left sided rotations. This may be a great option for you so that you have hands on guidance through a stabilizing program.

tasha

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask Tasha!’ is closed to new topics and replies.