Hab-it Exercises Forums Ask Tasha! A positive update!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    runrmom

Hi Tasha,

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for doing what you do in providing hope to women with prolapse, especially post partum pelvic organ prolapse. I am a runner and this is the ONLY place where I read anything positive about recovering from a prolapse. 11 mos ago I had the the trifecta: 1st degree uterine, 2nd degree bladder and 1-2nd degree bowel prolapse. Today, after working advanced stabilization faithfully for 6 mos, my uterus has lifted and the rectocele GONE! My bladder is still the same, but despite this, 3 months ago, I was able to successfully resume running and build up to 15 miles/week. I cannot tell you what this means to me…being able to run again has restored my mental health and regain a sense of control in a body that I felt failed me. So THANK YOU…and to the ladies out there: don’t lose hope! You can do it…you have a say in your recovery from this…you can do something to help yourself.

ps: I am running in a barefoot shoes and while it was a rough transition, I feel it is a much lighter run and am up to 6 miles on my long run. 🙂

Tasha
    Keymaster

Runrmom,
    Thank you for taking the time to share your success. I want to further encourage you to stay connected to your body and your posture – work your body in phases throughout the year as I have blogged. In season base building, endurance building, strength agility building, peak performance, followed always by a recovery season where you come back to strengthen again from the inside out! Do you know the best part??? You will continue to note improvements even now. I want to be sure you know that months of good posture make improvements, but years of good posture make lasting improvements!

Tasha

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask Tasha!’ is closed to new topics and replies.