Hab-it Exercises Forums Ask Tasha! 7 day advanced program hard on wrists

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tasha 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Jennifer

Hi Tasha,

I had worked through the Hab It program for 12 weeks and then moved on to the Advanced Program. I am having a hard time with my wrists. I have arthritis in my wrists and they get pretty sore and painful after some of the days. I have read about doing some of the planks with your hands at a higher level to not put as much strain on the wrists but am having a hard time implementing this.

Such as Day 3 has Plank hold with knee drive/rotation, then Quadruped hip extension/abduction, and followed by Hands on Swiss Ball with Hip Extension. This just is so much on my wrists and is keeping me from continuing with the program until I can come up with a solution.

It would work best for me to do planks on my elbows but I can’t figure out if that will change the exercise. Or can I use the same plank move every day? The hardest exercises for my wrists seem to be Plank walk outs from day 2, the exercises listed above from day 3, Swiss ball plank w/ hip extension from day 6, and Plank hold with horizontal abduction also from day 6.

Thank you for your help and guidance!

J

#66248 Reply

Tasha
    Keymaster

Jennifer,
    You are not alone on the wrist pain – we can modify. We can go elbows on the 1st or second stair or a couch or bench to give you enough room to clear your knee drive rotation.

Do the same for the Quadriped exercises, just have your elbows on the stair, couch, or bench and do the exercise in a modified plank position.

The hands on swiss ball hip ext should be okay because your hands are on the side of the ball with your fingers pointing down, so no weightbearing on extended wrists there.

You will have to eliminate the swiss ball walk outs and the swiss ball plank with hip ext and just subsitute one of your favorite planks.

And you can work the plank horiz and with your stabilizing arm weightbearing on your elbow.

The only down side to these modifications is that you lose some tricep and shoulder strengthening from these upper extremity weight bearing exercises but it is not the end of the world. The important thing is that we are still targeting your TA and other moving muscles depending on which exercise 🙂

Try these modifications and see how they work for you!

Tasha

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: 7 day advanced program hard on wrists
Your information: